Attorney Steven Weil is a shareholder in the firm, who has practiced law in Massachusetts since 1986. He concentrates in the areas of civil litigation, domestic relations and real estate law. He is a 1982 graduate of Union College and a 1986 graduate of Boston University School of Law. Before joining Doherty, Ciechanowski, Dugan & Cannon, he worked as a staff attorney at South Middlesex Legal services, served as a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court and spent 17 years at two private law firms located in the City of Boston.
Attorney Weil regularly appears in the state and federal courts throughout Massachusetts. His clients include national and regional businesses in the property management and restaurant industries, including AIMCO, Avalon Bay Communities, Inc., The Dolben Company, Inc., Forest City Residential Management, Inc., Delops, Inc. (D’Angelo’s), Papa Gino’s, Inc., and McDonald’s Corporation. He also represents local businesses, families and individuals who live and do business in the greater Boston area.
Atty. Weil is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Family Law Section and The Greater Boston Real Estate Board’s Rental Housing Association. He serves as both trial and appellate counsel for the Committee for Public Counsel Services’ Children and Family Law Program. Since 1995, he has served on the Advisory Committee for Jewish Family & Children’s Service’s Bet Tzedek Legal Services Program, and in 2007, was awarded the Simone Lottor Exceptional Community Service Award by Jewish Family & Children’s Service. He is a past president of Temple Beth David in Westwood, Massachusetts. He lives in Sharon with his wife and two sons and coaches soccer in the Town of Sharon Recreation Department Soccer League.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Union College, 1982
- Boston University School of Law, 1986
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bar Association of Norfolk County
BAR ASSOCIATIONS & COMMITTEES
- MBA Family Law Section Member
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Greater Boston Real Estate Board & Rental Housing Associations
- Committee for Public Counsel Services
- Children and Family
- Law Trial and Appellate Panel Member
CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services – Bet Tzedek – Legal Services Advisory Board Member
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services Board of Advocates Member
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Recipient of JF&CS Simone Lottar Exceptional Community Service Award