Attorney Steven Weil is a shareholder in the firm, who has practiced law in Massachusetts for 30 years. He is a 1982 graduate of Union College and a 1986 graduate of Boston University School of Law. He specializes in civil litigation and domestic relations law. He has received Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer review rating of AV Preeminent® in his practice areas.
Mr. Weil frequently appears in the trial courts throughout Massachusetts, including the U.S. Federal District Court, the Massachusetts Superior Court and the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court. Before joining Doherty, Ciechanowski, Dugan & Cannon, Mr. Weil served as a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court, worked as a staff attorney at South Middlesex Legal Services, and spent 17 years at two private law firms located in the City of Boston. His clients include national and regional businesses in the property management and restaurant industries, including AIMCO, Avalon Bay Communities, Inc., The Dolben Company, Inc., Forest City Residential Management, Inc., Papa Gino’s, Inc., Delops, Inc. (D’Angelo’s), and McDonald’s Corporation. He also represents local businesses, families and individuals who live and do business in the greater Boston area.
Attorney Weil is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Family Law Section and the Greater Boston Real Estate Board’s Rental Housing Association. He is certified as a Member of the American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators. He serves as both trial and appellate counsel for the Committee for Public Counsel Services’ Children and Family Law Program. He serves on the Advisory Committee for Jewish Family & Children’s Service’s Bet Tzedek Legal Services Program, and in 2007, was awarded the Simone Lottor Exceptional Community Service Award by Jewish Family & Children’s Service. He currently serves on Jewish Family & Children Services’ Board of Directors and is Chairman of the Basic Needs Advisory Committee. He is a past president of Temple Beth David in Westwood, Massachusetts. He lives in Sharon with his wife and two sons and coaches baseball and basketball.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Union College, 1982
- Boston University School of Law, 1986
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bar Association of Norfolk County
BAR ASSOCIATIONS & COMMITTEES
- MBA Family Law Section Member
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified by the American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- Greater Boston Real Estate Board & Rental Housing Associations
- Committee for Public Counsel Services
- Children and Family
- Law Trial and Appellate Panel Member
CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services – Bet Tzedek – Legal Services Advisory Board Member
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services Board of Advocates Member
- Jewish Family & Children Services’ Board of Directors
- Jewish Family & Children Services Chairman of the Basic Needs Advisory Committee
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Recipient of JF&CS Simone Lottar Exceptional Community Service Award