Attorney Michelle Raymond focuses her practice in mediation, collaborative law, and divorce and probate litigation. She assists her clients through their difficult times and with the prevention of future crisis situations. Ms. Raymond provides mediation and litigation services for all family-related disputes, including, but not limited to: divorce, child support, post-divorce controversies, parenting plans, paternity matters, separation, estate or guardianship matters, open adoptions, will contests and non-traditional family issues. In addition, she works with families in the areas of adoption and parent coordination.
Ms. Raymond is a trained and experienced mediator and has helped clients mediate family and other disputes since 2000. Her mediation services offer a cost-effective alternative for family, probate, civil, and business disputes, providing parties with more control over the process. Ms. Raymond also practices collaborative law in divorce & family matters. Collaborative law is an alternative dispute resolution process in which both parties and counsel contract to negotiate without court involvement.
Ms. Raymond is a cum laude graduate of the Boston University School of Law and a magna cum laude graduate of the University of South Florida. She was a Guardian ad Litem in Florida and a finalist for “Outstanding Guardian ad Litem Award” in 1995. She received the Honorable Albert P. Pettoruto Memorial Award in 1998 for excellence in family law.
Ms. Raymond is active in her community, serving as a North Attleborough Town Meeting Representative , as Co-Chairman of the North Attleborough Town Meeting Coordinating Committee and as a member of the Rotary Club of North Attleboro/Plainville. She is currently a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation and a board member and past chair of the Women’s Success Network.
Ms. Raymond has presented seminars to the Women’s Success Network, HarborOne U, Massachusetts Department of Family and Children and other community organizations on “What Every Woman Should Know About the Law™” for parents, grandparents and fathers and “What Every Therapist/Coach Should Know About the Law . . . Exploring the Team Approach™.”
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- University of South Florida, magna cum laude
- Boston University School of Law, J.D. 1998, cum laude
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bar Association of Norfolk County
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- United Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Milford Area Chamber of Commerce
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Women’s Success Network, current board member and former chairperson
- Hockomock Area YMCANorth AttleboroBranch Parent Advisory Council
- Rotary Club of North Attleborough/Plainville, former member
- North Attleborough Town Meeting Coordinating Committee, former co-chairman