Attorney Michael P. Doherty concentrates his practice in the area of representing businesses and individuals in business and litigation matters. He has represented clients in the negotiation, formation and dissolution of various types of business and employment relationships. Mr. Doherty’s experience encompasses litigation in the Superior Court, Land Court and Probate and Family Court concerning construction, business, land, employment, family, will and trust disputes.
Mr. Doherty is a 1987 cum laude graduate of Boston College Law School. Upon graduation, he accepted a judicial clerkship with the Justices of Massachusetts Superior Court. Mr. Doherty has served as a fiduciary and special administrator in contested estates to assist the parties to reach a resolution. Mr. Doherty is a trained and experienced mediator who has helped clients mediate family and other disputes since 1990.
Mr. Doherty has frequently been chosen to serve on many bar and public boards and committees. These include as Chairman of the Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Litigation Practice Group, the Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Section Council, the Franklin Education Foundation, Inc., the Norfolk County Civil Pilot Program Advisory Committee, Chairman of the United Chamber of Commerce Council of Business and Industry, the Town of Franklin Board of Assessors and Chairman of the Town of Franklin Industrial Development Commission.
Mr. Doherty has earned the respect and confidence of his peers as evidenced by their electing to provide him with Martindale Hubbell’s highest rating – “AV”. Mr. Doherty was also selected as one of the Boston area’s top rated lawyers as listed in the AV Preeminent 2012 Edition and named a “Super Lawyer” by Boston Magazine, a distinction afforded to only the top 5% of attorneys in Massachusetts.
Mr. Doherty has also helped coach the Franklin High School Mock Trial Team
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 1987 cum laude
- Boston College, 1984
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bar Association of Norfolk County
BAR ASSOCIATIONS & COMMITTEES
- Former Chairman of the Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Litigation Practice Group
- Served on the Massachusetts Bar Association Probate Section Council
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Downtown Franklin Partnership
- United Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Milford Area Chamber of Commerce
CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Franklin Education Foundation, Inc.
- Past Chairman of the United Chamber of Commerce Council of Business and Industry
- Former Town of Franklin Board of Assessors
- Past Chairman of the Town of Franklin Industrial Development Commission
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Martindale Hubbell’s highest rating – “AV”
- Super Lawyer by Boston Magazine